Saturday, July 25, 2020

Family Photos

                                      Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


Knowing ourselves
our world
our tasks so great
our time so brief
'tis clear if we refuse
the means so limited
the tools so rude
to execute our purpose
life will fleet
and we shall fade
and leave our task undone
Robert

Moving can be a cleansing experience in more ways than we would like to admit. One has the opportunity to go through all of our belongings and de-clutter what we don't need anymore. Even though we threw out almost half of our things, it still seems like it was a mere dent. 

When we purge we also discover old gems like precious photos of our loved ones. Looking back at these pictures, I distinctly remember every moment, every place that they were taken. Memories, real memories do not fade. Here's a rare one of Emily smiling on camera. A relaxed moment enjoying a meal out.

Can you name all these beauties from 20 plus years ago? All I see are four generations in one picture. Look how skinny I was!
A family car trip with your favorite people. One can see the love in their eyes. It is true that a picture can tell a lot about a person. Or people. 

My mom relaxing on the blanket I made her. When people display what you gave them, that shows love and appreciation.
My mom always loved this picture with her great grandchildren. 
A birthday celebration. A reflection? Looking back? Someone was very deep in thought.

This is one of my favorites. I love pictures that have a relaxed atmosphere reflecting the ease of being in each others company. She is more than a daughter, she is my roommate.
When we three get together, I always feel as we are the matriarchs of our families. Three strong women who have lived life.

I don't think I have many pictures of my mom smiling. One cannot get her to smile openly for a pic.

Here she looks devilish. What is behind that look, I wonder?
Now, we are talking! That wasn't so bad, was it?
This was a huge day for me and she came along. We had a lovely time downtime Chicago.
Another non smiling relative, lol.
Our youngest family member thus far, Sydney, who is like 4 or 5 years old now.
Every time we take a picture together, we just look good! That was my last day of radiation and afterwards we went car shopping.
These two are too funny together. My loves, my family.
My beautiful Aunt Zofia. We would go visit her and end up spending the entire day together. I will never forget the day she served us champagne for breakfast. 
Photographs. Old, torn, faded. They hold so many stories, so many memories. No one can ever take that from you. These pictures may not survive the years, but the memories they tell will forever be imprinted in our hearts. Cherish them.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...