Sunday, July 16, 2023

Day 2 of Simplifying

                        Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



 Thy thoughts are good, and Thou art kind,

E'en when we think it not;
How many an anxious, faithless mind
Sits grieving o'er its lot,
And frets, and pines by day and night,
As God had lost it out of sight,
And all its wants forgot.
P. GERHARDT.


                                     30 Days of Simplification
                                           Lottie Krol

Day 2 Of Simplifying  

What Is Simplification?  

To determine the role simplification needs to play in my life, I first needed to clarify its definition. What is simplification? According to Webster's Dictionary, simplification is a noun, the act of simplifying, reducing complexity, and the elimination of superfluous details. Synonym: Reductions.  

Interesting to say the least. I've always believed gluttony was my deadly sin. The definition alerts me to the possibility of simplification being my polar opposite. This might just turn out to be something I needed desperately to happen in my own life.   

More curious than ever, I decided to find out what Google had to say on my topic. Pages and pages of everything under the sun popped up on the ways one can reduce or simplify to make their life easier. What was even more curious was the fact that there were more pages of calculators than anything else. Calculators = reductions = eliminations = simplifying. It seemed that simplification has a vast arena of usage. I wondered how people viewed that word in their own lives and decided to head on Facebook and ask the following question: What does simplification mean to you?   

Everyone clicked "like" yet no one provided an actual answer. At first, I was dumbfounded as to why click "like" at all. Then I realized that even though the word described an act that was meant for reduction of something, it was too complex to dwell on or reply to in a simple social media experience.   

Just imagine the enormity of the word. If someone asked me that question, I too wouldn’t be able to give a simple answer since it affects multiple areas of life. The word simplification isn't that simple at all. So, what is simplification then to me? It is the act of getting rid of all the unwanted debris that has cluttered our lives for too long. It is making room to living a life that we were meant to live without the chains that have imprisoned us. I know that I want to walk tall through this life and cannot with all this weight upon my shoulders I need to remove.   

So, I guess, I should get a move on then!


Have a blessed day everyone. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...