Saturday, June 17, 2023

Just A Little Nap

 

                           Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




What stronger breast-plate than a heart untainted!  

Thrice is he armed that hath his quarrel just, 

And he but naked, though locked up in steel,

 Whose conscience with injustice is corrupted.

—William Shakespear


Naps are wonderful, aren't they? Especially, the ones during the Summer! There is something so invigorating and inviting about the season. One wakes up every morning to birds singing, the sunrise streaming through the window and the warmth of the coming day.

Everything is fresh and new and bright. So many new flowers burst forth every week blanketing the scenery with color. We face each day with excitement that Winter denied our hearts. We can bask in the bounty of this wonderful season called Summer enjoying the abundance of fruits and vegetables.

Let's get back to the nap. I have been working so much lately, taking on extra shifts for others while they were on vacation. As tiring as it can be, I am always grateful for the extra blessing God sends my way to be able to save up towards my dream. Naps actually help my body rest during times that I "overdo" with work.

This afternoon, a nap was essential and appreciated. Only in Summer can I nap and not feel guilty for doing so. Why is that? Why do we feel guilty for taking an extra snooze any other time?

I wonder if the Sun has anything to do with it?

This wonderful and free vitamin provides energy that we are lacking any other season. We are able to get up and face the day, an extra longer day, being able to cram into it as much as we possibly can. We feel productive and that does my heart good! I love being productive and therefore, I deserve a nap. You do, too.

Have a blessed day everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...