Tuesday, December 13, 2022

The Coming Of The Fog

 

                                    Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



We know not what the path may be

As yet by us untrod;
But we can trust our all to Thee,
Our Father and our God.
WM. J. IRON

The weather here has been quite foggy. Here we are in almost the middle of December and no snow in sight. Just fog and nothing, but the fog. It's dark, gloomy and quite depressing.

Driving to work the other day, I realized that I haven't seen the sky nor the sun in over a week. It's funny how we never give things a thought until they are gone. I miss that sun that streams it's rays into my bedroom every morning. I really do. It provides me with the energy I need to get through the day.

Winter has always been a rough time for me. I become lethargic, often opting to sleep in or take naps. My attention span suffers as nothing really appeases the curiosity of a productive mind. I feel as if we are meant to hibernate coming out only in Spring. No, I do not do well in Winter.

So, I find myself plugging away . . . slowly, but steadily. Maneuvering through the fog, desperately trying to find my way out. How much longer? When will the sun appear? These are the questions I ask every day when I venture out.

I look at all the people, running from one place to another. Do they feel the same? Does it seem a dreary time for them as well? Do they feel the pull of Winter?

There are all kinds of moments in our lives that we live through. The seasons come and go right along with them. Some we cherish each second while others we skip through avoiding all the rough edges. Each and everyone of these are vital playing a significant role in the stages of our life. Which one are you in now?

Have a blessed day everyone.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...