Monday, August 24, 2020

Burning The Candle At Both Ends

                                               Everyday is a brand new day,
                                               everyday is a journey.
               



As some rare perfume in a vase of clay
    Pervades it with a fragrance not its own,
  So, when Thou dwellest in a mortal soul,
    All Heaven's own sweetness seems around it thrown.
H. B. STOWE.



It comes as no surprise to anyone when I say I love busyness. I tend to burn the candle at both ends on a regular basis. It has to do with the satisfying feeling of being productive, living with a purpose in my life. I don't want to waste my life, this precious life that God has allowed me to live even longer than I expected. I am extremely privileged to have made it this far. Many, way too many, have died with cancer. Some of them have died much too young. I don't want to become a person who comes home from work and gripes about the unfairness of it all. I want to be a doer, not a complainer.

We are used to putting in quite a bit of work hours, rolling up our sleeves and getting down to work. When you want something in life, you work hard for it. You don't even mind the hours, the sweat and the many things one gives up as long as you know there will be a reward at the end. 

Well, for the past two months I have been concentrating solely on my Ministry. It has been wonderful to have the time to focus on what I love to do so much. All that time we spent working long hours and overtime has paid off. We are reaping the harvest and for that, we are extremely grateful. It was worth burning that candle at both ends.

Funny thing, my mom just said to me the other day that she cannot believe I can stay at home. For as long as she has known me, I have always worked whatever came available no matter the hours. Now, I may not do so in the new job when it comes, but I definitely will put in the extra hours into the Ministry. I love busyness no matter in what form it comes. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...