Saturday, August 15, 2020

Opening Our Heart

                                 Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Teach me your mood, O patient stars!
    Who climb each night the ancient sky,
  Leaving on space no shade, no scars,
    No trace of age, no fear to die.
R. W. EMERSON



I have always wanted to be able to hear God speaking to me. I didn't want to miss what He had to say to me. It's important to me, you know? 

When I was in the hospital the first time with my cancer, I knew there was something incredibly massive for me to learn there and I was in such a state worried that I wouldn't recognize it as it passed me by. Even then, I wasn't a full fledged Christian at that time, hearing God was important to me. I wouldn't even really call myself a baby Christian either, but the seed was planted and steadily growing. I opened my heart to a relationship a few years before that, but I wasn't as committed. 


I have learned over the years that it is something that takes time as we develop a relationship and as we study the Word of God. The more we learn, the better we become at discerning what is right for us in our life and what God is trying to convey to us.

I have also learned that we need to surrender completely our hearts and be willing to go on the road He sets for us. That is very difficult to do, this endurance thing. I should know since it felt at times like forever. Now, that I am where I am, I am very grateful. I appreciate this journey more, because I had to wait so long for it. 

I can now see the "why" that I have asked of Him. We don't see the entire picture, but He does and that's where we need to learn Faith along with trust.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...