Thursday, June 11, 2020

The Six Year Plan: Life In The Sun

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.





 The souls most precious to us here
    May from this home have fled;
  But still we make one household dear;
    One Lord is still our head.
  Midst cherubim and seraphim
    They mind their Lord's affairs;
  Oh! if we bring our work to Him
    Our work is one with theirs.
T. H. GILL.

There was a moment there where I really contemplated moving to a one season climate.
In the past, I've never even considered a life in the sun. My plan looked a little different. I wanted somewhere closer to my children. I wanted a place that had four Seasons and never even thought about living in a climate with only one. You may remember my Winter scene hence retirement?

Anywhere sunny means one thing to me: long distance away from my children. I could possibly handle relatives and friends visiting once a year or more, but my children? I don't think so. It is just too far away. Besides, that just didn't fit in with any of my plans.

Yet, I did think about it seriously for a moment. Had the timing been different, I can honestly say, I would have said yes. The move itself consists of over 1700 hundred miles. Also, because I am not social security age, the cost of living would have been no different there than here. The entire point of moving was to benefit financially, make that work for me and not the other way around. 

One never knows what lies ahead and I will not rule out the "life in the sun" idea for good. It will always be there, waiting for me to pick it up again when I am ready. For now, I have made my decision and I am very happy with it. There is time for everything and one day I will get there, too. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...