Saturday, May 21, 2022

Somewhere In The Woods

                               Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




 A patient, a victorious mind,

That life and all things casts behind,
Springs forth obedient to Thy call;
A heart that no desire can move,
But still to adore, believe, and love,
Give me, my Lord, my Life, my All.
P. GERHARDT.

This is a time where everyone seems to be going on vacation. In fact, it seems that as soon as 2021 came around, people were heading off to somewhere. It didn't matter where that somewhere was as long as it was away from home. People spent time on the beaches, in the woods and going to different cities. After being in isolation the year before, one cannot blame them.

My idea of the perfect vacation is not as exciting. It's not even a particular location. My ideal vacation could easily be in any State. It is a place that everyone can claim that they know of just like it. 

All I want is solitude. A secluded place with a private cabin in a wooded area. May it be surrounded by trees, greenery, maybe even a brook or a lake. I want to hear birds singing, flowers blooming and the sounds of nature. Nothing else. There doesn't have to be any people or activities or any noise of city life. All I want is solitude and internet. I do need internet.

I've always wanted to go away to such a place all by myself and spend a month or more. It would be my spiritual retreat, but secretly, I would love to own such a place. Imagine living in such a place year round.

I believe that we face new chapters in our life all the time. They unfold in places and ways we cannot even predict. We are thrown into situations some of our own doing and some not. New things come and the old disappears. Life keeps moving, rotating from a new day to a new year to yet another chapter. 

The things that stay the same are the sanctuaries we create to keep within our hearts to revisit whenever life becomes a bit too much. We need to hope. We need to believe. We need to dream. We need that place, that somewhere that we can go to mentally if not physically to breathe. Where is your place? What does that look like to you? If you don't have that somewhere, create it. Embrace your somewhere.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...