Thursday, January 13, 2022

Simply Self Care

 

                                  Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



Trials must and will befall;

But with humble faith to see
Love inscribed upon them all,
This is happiness to me.
W. COWPER.

I have a huge respect for life, things and people that attribute to living life fully. They have developed a technique for a well-balanced life between work and personal activities. This is something I have struggled with for years. Finding that balance has not always been easy, but I will do my very best and simply keeping trying.

This year, I have made it a point to try harder than ever before. Life certainly has been very unpredictable and I am becoming too old for all these sudden changes. My body craves good ole boring stability. 

One of the ways I plan on accomplishing some of this balance will be my implementation of basic ideas to reduce the stress. It truly is the little things that make the difference. Small, yet very significant changes that can bring more harmony in my life.

A Nesting Day is something I have started a little over a year ago. It is a time that I use for the sole purpose of renewal. It could be a day or even a weekend, it really doesn't matter. It is a personal day where I wear my comfy clothes and lock myself inside to enjoy doing whatever brings me joy. For me, it is usually crocheting and binge-watching Netflix.

Scheduling and organizing is a new goal . . . sort of. It's true that I have spent the last several years decluttering, but I find it is an ongoing project. One can never be completely done. We are always bringing things in, more than we are taking them out. My aim here is to be better organized so things could go more smoothly, especially when it comes to all my extracurricular activities such as my Ministry, blogging and YouTube.

Journaling is something I have absolutely no experience in whatsoever. Yet, I am drawn to it. I want to create a memory journal of my year. Does that sound a bit crazy? Probably and I most likely will make a mess of it, but I will give it my best shot. It is a well- known fact that drawing and coloring are very relaxing.

Finally, beauty care involves getting out there to the hairdressers or getting a massage. Maybe taking a nap in the middle of the day or having a facial at home. It's the little things we like to do with our appearance that make us feel special. 

There are so many things out there designed for the very purpose of stress relief. My daughter loves to diffuse essential oils mixing different blends to set the mood. For another could be a glass of wine or cup of tea. Whatever that "thing" may be has no bearing at all. What matters is the effect it has on our mental and physical health. Afterall, everyone has different needs and different stresses in their lives. Find the ones that work for you and enjoy them as much as you can!

Have a blessed day everyone.


beautycare

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...