Tuesday, August 17, 2021

A Life Full Of Surprises

 

                      Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

What Thou shalt to-day provide,

    Let me as a child receive;
  What to-morrow may betide,
    Calmly to Thy wisdom leave.
  'Tis enough that Thou wilt care;
    Why should I the burden bear?
J. NEWTON.

There are days where one cannot stop from reflecting on this life of ours. Where we have been and where we ended up. The roads we have travelled and with whom. The pain, the joy, the tears, the heartache and the anger. 
We go back within our minds to that time and experience it all over again.

One thing I have learned is that I can control the emotions I feel when that reflective mood takes hold of me. We can spend many pleasant hours reminiscing all the wonderful memories of our life. Not all were pleasant, though. Those kind of memories can place a dark cloud over us that can last days and even weeks. 

Sometimes, just sometimes, we need to flip these negative feelings so they can work for us and not against us. I have spent way too many precious hours full of regrets, but no more. I choose to think of my life as a life lived full of surprises. Yes, some where good and some not, but one thing for sure, it was never dull.

We spend so much time in regret, especially when we become older. We think of all the could haves, should haves and would haves. They don't mean anything now. We need to refuse to live in that past. We were  forgiven by our Lord and Savior, so why do we have such a huge problem forgiving ourselves? And letting go?

No more. When I look back, I am choosing the how.  I will think of my life as full of surprises. I did the best I could at the situations that were presented to me. I made mistakes, some bigger than others, but all of that has made me into who I am today. God's grace and mercy were shown to me. I think it's time for me to forgive myself and let go. 

Forest Gump was right. Life is like a box of chocolate, one never knows what your gonna get. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...