Sunday, February 23, 2020

A Broken Down Place

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


His was the heart that overmuch
In human goodness puts its trust,
And his the keen, satiric touch
That shrivels falsehood into dust.


It was a frustrating morning. Nothing in this apartment works the way it should. Don't get me wrong, there are as many advantages to living here as disadvantages. I just would like to live in a nice place. A nice place in a nice neighborhood with nice furniture. None of that exists here. We are here for one reason only.

It seems like I am always saving money. When I was a youngster, we were immigrants and didn't have much money. We were starting out in a new Country and that takes time. For all of that, my parents have done well. When I had children, it was the same theme as my childhood. Then I became a single mom and then we definitely lived paycheck to paycheck, sometimes even in the negative. Then they grew up and my next goal was to start paying off any debt. Now, I'm trying to save for the future.

Living in the city can be very expensive. Even the suburbs are high, probably even higher. That is if one wants something nice and they usually don't take pets. Moving again isn't in the plans, or at least around here. This has been home for almost three years in December. We came here to save money so we could move into our "forever" home or close to it. 

Yet, nothing works here. Things break down and no one is available to fix it. I have endurance and plenty of it, but even I am becoming tired of the waiting. Life is hard work and we have to work even harder to achieve the good things in life. 

We all have our own versions of what that good life looks like to us. My grandeur may be totally different from your grandeur. I don't want what you have, I want my own reflection of me.

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...