Friday, November 27, 2020

So I Have Been Sick!

 

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



 Make me patient, kind, and gentle,

    Day by day;
  Teach me how to live more nearly
    As I pray.
SHARPE'S MAGAZINE.

If you have been following me, you know very well that I have begun a new career adventure in the field of Assisted Living/Independent/Rehab Facility with our seniors. Since the covid19 epidemic, we have been tested twice a week for the virus. The test itself consists of either a throat swab or a nose swab. I have been taking the throat, because it is a lot easier and not as awkward/uncomfortable. 

It was during one of these regular covid19 swabs that I tested positive. I did have a sinus congestion and a headache, but thought nothing of it. Every time I went through the test, I would have a similar reaction for the remainder of the day. I also had a flu shot at the same time so I just thought these minor symptoms were all connected. 

Of course, I was immediately sent home for the next ten days with full pay, by the way. I put that in, because everyone wanted to know. I don't think it was being nosey or too personal. I believe this virus has affected many people and will continue to do so. People are just wondering if this is something that companies will be adding, because of the pandemic. By us, one has to be a full time associate to receive pay.

My symptoms were pretty mild compared to others who have been hospitalized. I never had a fever of any kind. I did experience a sinus congestion with a headache, a minor sore throat for a few days, metal mouth nausea and incredible fatigue. It totally reminded me of my chemo days, especially the metal mouth which affected my taste buds making everything taste horrible. 

. I think this covid flu takes some time before we can say we are completely recovered. We may not be contagious, but the side effects still can be found. I have been back at work a couple of weeks already and I still get an occasional cough here and there. I should also add shortness of breath which I still seem to experience when exerting myself.

Again, I am fine now. There is a silver lining in this: I don't have to test for at least 90. I have no idea where I caught this or how or when. I am just grateful it was a mild case. It could have been a lot worse. Please stay safe out there and take care of yourself. 

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...