Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Stresses Of Life: And The Survey Says


                                                              Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                               everyday is a journey.




My hopes retire; 
my wishes as before
Struggle to find their resting place in vain;
The ebbing sea thus beats against the shore;
The shore repels it;
 it returns again.

Recently, I wanted to know what were the top three stresses of life according to the general public. Top three stresses in everyone's life according to a survey taken on social media. You will be surprised by what the answers were and the age group that participated even though it was opened to everyone.

1. Do we have enough money saved for retirement?
2. What my children's futures will be like?
3. Paying off my bills. 

I'm not at all surprised at two of these, but that other one really did. Money and children are something we always have worried about. Although, I somehow thought people were better equipped for retirement, so it came as a shock to me that was the number one concern. Another surprise for me was the age group. I expected young parents to be stressed more with worry. It was the opposite. It was the pre-retirement age group that were responding like crazy, even in regards to their children. 

Maybe, I'm being naive in regards to retirement and just assume everything will turn out fine. There are many reasons why I don't worry about money or retirement. Ever since my illness, I don't think about the future that much. If I do at all, it will be a year or two from now. What will be, will be. That doesn't mean I'm not preparing in any way, because I am. What really surprised me was that these were couples. I'm single, I should be worried, but life is always easier with two. 

Another reason is that I don't worry as much as I used to in the past. This has been a spiritual journey as I wanted to trust the Lord in all areas of my life. I think I'm slowly getting there. 

What are the three top stresses in my life? Well, I'll tell you at the end of this series. Remember, we all go through basically the same stresses in life, just at different times of our lives. I might have gone through some of these earlier, but mine now are completely different from the average person. 

Besides, I am alone. In a way, it's better, because I only have to worry about myself. What would you put down for your top three stresses?

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...