Sunday, April 1, 2018

Easter Luncheon

                                                                        Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                         everyday is a journey.



What Thou shalt to-day provide,
    Let me as a child receive;
  What to-morrow may betide,
    Calmly to Thy wisdom leave.
  'Tis enough that Thou wilt care;
    Why should I the burden bear?
J. NEWTON.



I love the Holidays! Most people dread the leftovers, but not I. I actually make too much on purpose. This way I don't have to cook for several days afterwards. This may sound strange to all of you, but I think it all depends on the food. When the Holidays come, we usually make dishes that we only make on certain times of the year. These are the ones that take several hours of prep time. 

Our Holidays have certainly changed since the children were small. Back then, the house was always filled with people and the table was crammed with tons of food. The sky was the limit when it came to the meal. There were several types of meat like ham, turkey and sometimes even fish. 

Nowadays, the family is pretty split up all over and Holidays just aren't what they used to be. Rarely, do we have large family gatherings of any kind. It's difficult to get everyone in one place at one time. 

My own Joey is a Pastor and works every Holiday. The same for Emily since she works in retail. So here I am, cleaning up after our Easter luncheon as Emily heads out for her shift. The luncheon consisted of salmon, mashed potatoes, green salad, Hawaiian salad and my favorite Polish vegetable salad (only mom and I like it). 

Whatever your Easter looks like today, I hope you have a wonderful day and a delicious dinner celebrating what our Lord has done for us. Christ is Risen! 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...