Monday, October 31, 2016

The Reading List 2

                                          Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.



I've been spending more time reading actual books. There is something so comforting in holding a book that cannot ever be replaced by a phone, I-pad or kindle. I love the act of turning pages in expectation of what each one holds. I hope that in this day and age of technology we forget  and replace actual books. That would be truly a very sad day indeed. Here are some of my current reads.

Three Sisters
by: Susan Mallery
The Three Sisters are not blood sisters at all, but three identical houses that sit together on a hill. The story lies with what happens in each of these houses and the three women living inside. The houses may be identical on the outside, but inside they couldn't be more different just like the women. They become fast friends as each one is experiencing a tragedy and that's what binds them together as they try to make sense of the mess of their lives. A beautiful story, where of course, I love the heroine that has the worst attitude the best. I would recommend this story for a book club since in the rear of the book there are several discussion questions regarding the story. 

Finding Peace For Your Heart
by: Stormie Omartian
This book dealt with depression, suicide and basically mental health. It offered so many different verses, steps, guidance on all types of issues such as divorce, envy, etc. Tons of information and advice to help us through the maze of life. She keeps reciting from personal experiences and the demons in her heart. All the help one may need or if you are curious as to what the Word of God says on any of the above mentioned topics. 

Common Misunderstandings About God, Jesus And The Bible
By: Dr. Joey Krol
I have to admit that I am a little biased here since the author happens to be my very own son, but I did actually learn a few things I didn't know. For instance, that famous saying of God only gives us what we can handle. It's good to know that it never came from the bible. I personally never cared for it anyway. Now I can tell people to stop saying that to me whenever struggles in my life occur. I always felt it was a cop out for people who had no idea what to say. Do we really believe that when we're struggling and in pain? No one wants to hear that. What we should say is that our strength comes from the Lord. Anyway, the book is filled with bits of info such as that one. 

Well, the Winter months are fast approaching where we'll spend more time indoors catching up on our reading. Or at least, I like to think so. Hope you can check out these goodies. 

Have a Blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...