Thursday, October 6, 2016

The Pitiful Pit


                                                              Everyday is a brand new
                                                              day, everyday is a journey.


We all have a pity pit, don't we? Joyce Meyer's had one made for the stage. She filled it with pictures of family and friends who have hurt her, past and present. In reality, her pit was the bathroom where she would lock herself away feeling sorry for herself, hating on all these people. 

My pit consisted of locking myself away in my room, usually at night while everyone was asleep. This way no one disturbed my pity party. I would turn on sob music, mostly country. Then I would pour myself a glass of wine (it only takes one glass to put me to sleep) and cry my little heart out. In my pity party, I became the martyr and everyone else the villain.  By the time morning rolled in, I was fine. My pity time didn't last too long.

What does yours look like? Where do you hang out with pity? Do you have a ritual you faithfully play out in the pity pit?

I desperately wanted a pity party in my pit during radiation. Somehow, it just didn't materialize. Instead of a sob, only a whining whimper would emerge. I even planned one, but I ended falling asleep before it began. Now, that's pitiful!

I came to the conclusion that God didn't want me to have one. It's as if He was saying to me to quit feeling sorry for myself and get on with what I sent you here to do. BUT, I still haven't given up on that pity party inside my pit when it comes to my radiation experience. I plan on having it one day. Not sure when, but it will come. 

Now why do you suppose I want to hold on to that? For some reason, I'm so stubborn  when it comes to letting it finally GO. Maybe there is still something else buried deep inside that refuses to come forth and be exposed. I wonder what that is. . . 

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...