Tuesday, February 16, 2016

New Blogs

                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

It's been awhile since I've shared other blogs that I follow. I've added a whole slew of new ones to the mix. As you can see from the list below, they all seem to be about tiny living or living with less. I'm really, really interested in this lifestyle.


1. Old World Garden Farms
This is a family with teenage/college age children who have decided to move out into the country and live a healthier lifestyle by growing their own organic vegetables, raise chickens and build their own home. Right now, they are still in the process of achieving this dream. This couple are a power couple of talent. He builds many things himself (he has serious carpentry skills) and she has a wealth of knowledge in gardening. Their blog consists of gardening, remodeling and healthy recipes. 

2. Homestead Honey
This one is one of my favorites! This is another family with small children who live in Missouri . . . rural Missouri. They are living one hundred percent off the land. They built their own home, have their own water catchment system, a garden, an orchard and this past Summer they built their own root cellar. Everything is made from scratch( candles, cured meat, butter ). I love how this small and young family of four who are living the "Little House On The Prairie" lifestyle.  Oh, did I also tell you they home school their children and are raising farm animals?
 
3.Tiny House, Giant Journey
This one is about a young married couple who have built their own Tiny House on wheels and have decided to travel writing/filming their experience. Contrary to what one would think, they are very urban couple who love to meet up with other Tiny House dwellers and video tape their tiny abodes. Last year, they actually traveled up to Alaska!
 
4. Fy Nyth 
If I had to rate these blogs, this one would be number one in my book! When I first began researching the idea of living Tiny, I found her blog first. It was her pictures of her house on Pinterest that first sparked an interest. I love her design of her place. She is the most detailed, writing about every aspect of Tiny living. She is parked on a friend's private land in Wyoming living totally off grid. What I love about her is that she is open and honest, writing  the good and the bad. Yes, there are problems to living this way. I actually read about her experience from start to present in one sitting!
 
5. Becoming A Minimalist 
This blog is a modern version of living simply in the city. He reminds me of a Mr. GQ, who writes articles of minimizing the excess in our lives. There are links, articles, books  and he offers classes as well. Not bad at all. One of my favorites was the article on making a great use of a small space. All furniture should have a multiple purpose. This one is for the preppy ones!

I hope you can find the time to check out some of these blogs! Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...