Saturday, June 13, 2015

Humbled By Grace

I acknowledged my sin to You . . .
and You forgave the guilt of my sin.
Psalm 32:5

I'm a huge advocate of prayer. I pray before I drive anywhere. I pray when I hear sirens. I pray when I see people stranded with their vehicles or an accident. I pray before entering work. I pray all day long, sometimes not even being aware of it.

The way I pray has changed over the years. In my younger years, it was more fervent with Lord, I need this and that, please!

As I became a Christian, my prayers turned into conversations with God. Lord, it's raining today, let everyone pay attention and keep everyone safe.

With time, I've learned to be more detailed in my prayers naming my desires personally. Lord, let John or Mary be the one for my children.

I also thought that the frequency of my prayers would result in what I wanted more and a lot faster. Lord, I'm going to pray in the morning, noon, and night. I'm going to pray  every chance I get so You'll know I'm serious.

Nowadays, I still pray throughout the day and it's still a conversation with the Lord. The way I pray has changed. I no longer ask for this or that. Instead, I pray: Lord, let Your will be done. Let me accept and follow Your will. In all I do or say, let it be in reflection of You.

Have a Blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...