Wednesday, October 10, 2018

The Awaiting

                                                              Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.




I rest beneath the Almighty's shade,
    My griefs expire, my troubles cease;
  Thou, Lord, on whom my soul is stayed,
    Wilt keep me still in perfect peace.
C. WESLEY.

Sometimes a storm stops you so it can save you. 
Dr. Robert Jeffress

I keep reminding myself of that phrase above. How many times have we been afraid to move forward, because we don't know the future? For me, that's always, because I am afraid of taking bold steps. I guess when one stands still, it's a learning experience?

I am quickly learning that to be true. After spending more than half a year waiting for things to proceed forward to no avail, I can only deduce there is some unfinished business here that needs to be handled. We can't move forward until we address it.

I've read somewhere that we are like an onion and each trial peels away a layer. So here I am, peeling away slowly, but surely. You know, onions make us cry. 

Having a good cry isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes, it helps relieve some of the stress we carry around and refuse to release. We like to hold onto our pain, don't we? We want to spend some time wallowing in it, because it is familiar. Letting go places us unto an unknown path. It can be overgrown and laden with thickets of brush. We cannot see past that brush. What is beyond that? We're too scared to find out. It's much safer to stay in this rut.

I don't know where all of you may be in your journey, I only know mine. I've been in that rut far too long and I'm ready to see what is in that thicket. How about you?


Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...