Sunday, October 8, 2017

Who Am I Really?

                                                            Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


To-day, beneath Thy chastening eye,
  I crave alone for peace and rest;
  Submissive in Thy hand to lie,
    And feel that it is best.
J. G. WHITTIER.

Who am I really? And who does God say I am? One thing I remember distinctively as a new believer was my quest to find out who I possibly could be, the new me in Christ.  

I am accepting who I am now. I don't need to be this super person who can finish off her list of to do things twice over. I no longer need that recognition to make myself feel accomplished. I have no desire for that relationship to make me feel loved. I am me. I am simply Lottie. 

Someone once asked me if I embraced being different. I didn't know how to answer her. I didn't know, because deep down inside, I wasn't comfortable. I wasn't embracing anything. I still was waiting to be accepted into the fold. I wanted to belong. 

That was then, this is now. I can no more change who I am than I can change the stars above. I can't be who the world wants me to be. I can only be who God intended me to become. 

I would be lying if I didn't admit that it saddens me how the world has been acting. We no longer are celebrated for our uniqueness, but instead, we are ridiculed. We are shamed. We are outcasts. That's okay, because I refuse to lose my integrity, morals and beliefs for the sake of acceptance. All I care about is how God sees me. And He loves me just the way I am. He loves you, too. Be who you are. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...