Saturday, January 21, 2017

When We Don't Understand

                            Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey. 

I have an acquaintance who has a chronic illness, several in fact. Having just come off another bout with one of her illnesses, I am at a loss how to approach her. That is usually not the case for me, but this time, it's very difficult for me to understand her behavior or her attitude.

She smokes incessantly, doesn't take her medication and walks around with an air of I don't care attitude. She cares not one iota about her health or her life. This is nothing new, she has been like that for years. 

I don't understand that kind of behavior. We pay for insurance, but we don't use it? Like I said earlier, I struggled deeply to understand why this individual and others like them, who don't take care of their health. If you have a chronic illness, that alone should make any person to sit up and take notice. That alone should send a deep desire to live within anyone.

I remember that day well. I went home and I couldn't sleep, thinking of her instead. You see, the Holy Spirit convicted me, because I was wrong to think like that let alone voice it. Who am I to know how she is truly feeling? Who am I to judge her behavior toward her own illness? Where is my compassion that I claim to show toward others? Obviously not here.

3 truths to finish strong
1. You are strong
2. You are worth it
3. You are rescued
By: Jennifer Lee Dukes

I cannot fathom why this person feels the way she does about her own life and health, but just because I don't understand something it doesn't mean it's wrong. It just means I need to learn. So I no longer think anything or say something about her. I'm just there, in case she needs me. This is her journey and she alone needs to make it. Let's pray for her to succeed. 

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...