Saturday, July 16, 2016

Interesting Days


                                         Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.


When you get into a tight place, and everything goes against you till it seems as if you couldn't hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that's just the time and place that the tide will turn.
--Harriet Beecher Stowe.

"Well, here's to another difficult day," I said.

"It's not difficult, just interesting," replied Emily. 

Funny perspective on things, one we should adopt. Somehow, it's difficult to do when things are falling apart. We all know the cliches, "the domino effect" and "when it rains it pours." Even so, I figured I would adopt Emily's attitude toward the current developments around here.  

So how can we turn things around in a positive way? Well, all this provides new material for my blog. Plus, no matter how painful it may be, we do learn from it. We know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. 

I'm almost ashamed to admit what a cry baby I have become since this ordeal began back in March. For someone who has considered herself a strong, faithful woman, it's a hard pill to swallow knowing I've completely fallen apart. I cannot count the many times I've messaged Joey and Aubs. that the sky is falling! What must have they thought of me?

What has happened to this confident, strong as a bull woman? Where has she gone? That's all I ever hear people calling me. Just the other day, a friend from work said the same thing to me. I know I certainly don't feel like that woman. Even still, apparently people see me in this way. I feel as if my life has been placed on hold, in limbo, until further notice. Or may I just getting tired of it all?  

Interesting days . . . . they certainly have been. I can honestly say  that I don't regret any of these past weeks. I've found out so much about myself and about my friendships with others. Nothing we do here is for naught. Everything serves a purpose, even if that purpose is one we don't care for. Events happen and Seasons change bringing new things into our lives, some of them good and some not. Life is a box of chocolates, you never know which one you'll get. Maybe that's why it's interesting?

Have a Blessed day everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...