Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The History Of Strength

I look at the long line of women throughout our family history and see nothing , but strength and endurance . Women in my family just plain last a long time , living well into their eighties . 

So how did I happen ? 

As far as one can see , the women in my family held strength within them , often raising children on their own either because of 
divorce , widowhood or single parenthood . Either way , we have always outlived the men , ending up alone . When the men have gone , the women held down the fort . 

The history of strength is evident . 

When one has a family history such as mine , it can be both disheartening and encouraging at the same time .

Disheartening . 

Disheartening because we somehow always end up alone . I often wondered if we were too much for the men to handle . Are we too liberating ? Too domineering and willful ? Do we have a bad attitude ? Do we drive our men to lead stressful lives and bad 
health ? 

Encouraging .

Encouraging because I know that strength is inside me , that strength that my ancestors developed years ago , so I can  pull it out when I need to . Not every woman can say this is one of her families characteristic that shapes them from generation to 
 generation . 

Let's create our own history of strength . 

As I watch the younger generation of women in my family , I pray for something bigger and better . Let's create our own history of strength . A new type of woman in this family . A woman who is strong , but not alone . A woman who makes better choices and by doing so , becomes even stronger .

What is your family history ? How can you make it better ? 

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...