Sunday, September 21, 2014

Love Is Crooked

O love is the crooked thing,
There is nobody wise enough
To find out all that is in it,
For he would be thinking of love
Till the stars had run away

Yeats

It's been a very trying weekend thus far , where old hurtful feelings have resurfaced bringing painful memories along with it . Some wounds cut very deeply , leaving a lasting scar .

I have been resisting the temptation of retaliation , but it's been 
   difficult , to say the least . The first thing we want to do when feeling hurt is to hurt back . What does that solve ? Absolutely nothing . 

Instead , I have opted to change my mood by praising our Lord . It worked quite well . . . . . yesterday  . . . but it's a different matter today . Today , I'm sitting here pouring out the hurt with my other two 
weapons : writing and crocheting . 

I cannot change people , no matter  how much I may wish I could . There are all kinds of people in this world and love is different with every single one of them . 

Love is not only for two lovers . There are different kinds of loves . The love of a friend . The love of a parent . The love of a passionate 
hobby . Love . 

O , love is the crooked thing . 

The person or people that have hurt me , didn't they love me ? Of course , they did . Then how could they  inflict such pain and walk away without a care to what their words have done . Words and actions hurt , my friends , yet no one wants to claim their ownership . 

We find justification for our behavior by naming every imaginable fault of that person whom we just inflicted pain on so we feel good about our behavior . This is why I did or said what I did , because they are a so and so . 

O love is the crooked thing,
There is nobody wise enough
To find out all that is in it,
For he would be thinking of love
Till the stars had run away 


So yes , the hurt has resurfaced . Their indifference to my hurt an even bigger blow . With time , the pain will cease to matter , the memory fleeting and all emotion gone from it . The search for their " I'm sorry " , no longer prevalent in my life . Forgiveness settling in my heart . 

Have a Blessed day everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...