Monday, May 28, 2012

A Room Full Of Women

   Just a few days ago , I hosted a food tasting party . The party itself was really no different than the candle or tupperware kind that we women host . It's just an excuse for a group of women to get together and spend some money .
   Looking around the room , I noticed how different they all were . . . . their clothes . . . their appearance . . . their ages . . . . their ethnic background .  They might have been different but each of them was connected to me .
  My need for other women in my life has changed drastically as I age . In my youth , I tended to be more of a loner with just a couple of very close friends . That has changed alot . I have no idea where or when I've acquired so many girlfriends .
  I think in our younger days we are so busy raising children and being wives that we have no time for other women in our lives . Being in my late forties , with my children adults , I have the time to spend with friends .
  Each of them has become familiar with a certain part of me . I have cried with some of them and I have laughed . I have studied the Word of God with some and worked with the others . With some  I have taught their children in Sunday School and others just prayed about them . I have loved them and at times been very angry with them .
  I have traveled many roads with each of these women in my life and each of them has a part of me in them . Place all of them in a room , each knowing a part of me , suddenly I become complete . Have a Blessed Week everyone .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...