Saturday, August 9, 2014

Finding Peace

When one is looking for peace , trouble finds you instead . 

Isn't that the truth ! What does it mean to find peace ? I think we all have our own definition of what peace looks like in our lives  . We're all looking for peace , I know I definitely am .

Sitting at the kitchen table , supper all ready ,  we bowed our heads for prayer  . It has become a tradition ,  giving thanks  and the reading of two random bible verses , then we eat . 

As I prayed , I gave thanks to God for the peace in our lives . Little did I know that our peace would be disrupted for the remainder of the day . 

This weekend the Village Festival reigned supremacy in our neighborhood  , which Emily and I participated in with gusto . We are very  fortunate to be so close to the village circle  where we can partake in events all within walking distance  . Others are not that        lucky . 

Cars lined our side streets in every available space as people parked and walked to the festival . As we sat and ate our supper , our peace was invaded . It wasn't the festivities , but a blasted car alarm that kept going off continuously ( and still is ) with  the proud owners enjoying themselves at the fest . 

We were lucky , once again , to have the car parked right in front our windows  . I thought I would lose my mind today . The tenant above us , threw something out the window . I really don't blame him , I was tempted to clap  and cheer him on  . 

I couldn't believe what was happening as my patience grew thinner and thinner and  the hours ticked away . I work hard all week and look forward to my weekends . I spent the morning dropping off supplies for my ministry ladies . In the afternoon , we walked and enjoyed the festival . 

We just wanted to enjoy the rest of the day in peace . Now , five hours later , where is that peace ? It's  gone  , right along with my mind . 

Wait ! It stopped ! Praise God , they finally came and it stopped !!!
After all these hours of that blaring noise , the quiet is so sweet . Yes , I have found my peace . 

Have a Blessed day everyone . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...