Monday, June 21, 2021

Too Much

 

                             Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.

Sinful word, nor deed of wrong,

Nor thoughts that idly rove;
But simple truth be on our tongue,
And in our hearts be love.
ST. AMBROSE

I awakened to the sound of thunder and lightening. The heavens opened with a downpour that was deafening and explosive. Soon after, a loud boom echoed through the sky. Was that a transformer? Someone lost power somewhere, hopefully not us. 

The last few weeks seem to have gone by in a hurried and exhausting flash. Too much busyness. Too much of everything. Sometimes, we need some noise, some living water to cleanse away all of it leaving a fresh slate. Let's start over, just a little slower this time. Bring on the rain.

Do I sound tired? Oh, so true, my friend. I have this habit of biting off more than I can chew. I am so afraid of missing out on life that I fill up my plate. Sometimes, a bit too much.

I guess it didn't help that I just got my first vaccine dose and now I am totally exhausted, physically drained of any oompf! The solution? Nothing and I mean nothing, but relaxation for at least two days. I do have work tomorrow, but afterwards . . . that's a different story. 

People always end up being concerned for me whenever I mention any tiredness. There is no need to worry. I know my limits and take appropriate action to rectify it. When my body is exhausted, I will rest. My only regret is that I don't have enough time to do all I want to do. I need health insurance and that means I have to work. Right now, I am working the minimum required for health insurance, a mere 30 hours weekly. 

I can definitely see the differences in my body and the progression of tiredness after all the chemo treatments I have endured. Don't get me wrong. I am here, but my body has been put through the wringer to get here. I don't have the strength nor the endurance I once experienced and took for granted. It's even worse to see the look of surprise on everyone's face when I can't open a simple jar. What's wrong with her?

 People forget and people expect everything to go back to normal when one's treatment is over. Well, I have news for you. Things never go back to normal. We just adapt to what the new normal has become, whatever that may be. We can only take life one day at a time. That's all. So if you are tired, take a minute to rest. Whenever life becomes a way bit too much...... just rest.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...