Saturday, August 8, 2020

Living Alone

                                                    Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                    everyday is a journey.


Though today may not fulfill
all thy hopes have patience still
for perchance tomorrow's sun
sees thy happier days begun
P.Gerhardt

It is not good for men to be alone. I didn't listen to nor understand what that truly meant. God's path for me and I ignored it. I didn't value the Word of God back then and sort of did my own thing. After a failed attempt of being a couple, I gave it up opting to be single. 

Over the years, I could have married a few times, but once again I said no. Oh, I told myself that there was something wrong with them or it wasn't meant to be. Honestly? I don't think I really wanted to marry. I was swept away with romantic illusions in my youth and just as quickly woke up to reality. In my heart, I was done with the fantasy of relationships. 

I enjoy my own company and am never bored in any way. I look forward to having the place all to myself. When the sheltering in place order came, I couldn't be more delighted. I would finally have the time to get all the projects that have been languishing in a dark place in the closet finally finished. When I discovered that we were essential workers my heart sank and with it, the unfinished projects. 

Yet, I have found that during this covid19 pandemic, I miss many things involving people. I miss shopping without limits. I miss going through whatever aisle I wanted and actually stay there as long as desired. I miss taking care of the mundane things like the DMV where a live person can take care of my needs. There is nothing worse than dealing with technology and the many issues that come with it. We have no choice nowadays, but to do almost everything online. 

No human contact. No one to ask how was your day? I may enjoy being alone, but even I have to admit that I need other people in my life. I need that social interaction where the mundane turns into something exciting. We need to have someone to complain to, to share with common interests and definitely laugh about the fun stuff. 

Living alone may be awesome and inviting, but only for awhile. Sooner or later, the place just becomes too silent, too sterile and definitely too boring. 

Have a blessed day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...