Monday, February 3, 2014

The Story Of My Life

It has become therapeutic to write the story of our life . 

Nowadays , if we enter Recovery or a Relationship class of any kind , it's almost mandatory . For the healing process alone , I can understand the purpose of this exercise  . The questions become 
" where do we begin ? "  or " how much do we tell ? " or  " why do we feel the need to perform this act ? "

When Emily was contemplating Baptism , she wrote a very long letter to her father , all of seven pages . There were things she needed to say so she could move forward . That letter was never mailed , instead it was buried at one of their favorite places . 

There are different reasons why we review our past . A young woman may want to bury the hatchet with an absent father or a young couple will feel a need to be honest with their future mate . 

I want to review my past to see where I have been and where I need to go . I want to see the mistakes I have done and the corrections that need to be made . Have I grown ? Have I bettered myself ? Has my situation been resolved or made worse ? What are the patterns in my life that keep repeating themselves ? 

A few years back , I've decided to write that story of my life . After being half done , I sat back with a cup of coffee to read what I wrote so far . First , I was disgusted and then I became depressed . This was my life ? ! 

In my story , I emphasized all the bad parts to where they became the star characters . I glorified them to the point where even I wouldn't want to be my own friend . Why do we only remember the bad parts ?

To be continued 

Have a Blessed day everyone .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...