Monday, January 15, 2018

Hedonism

                                                                         Everyday is a brand new day,
                                                                         everyday is a journey.





O Thou, to whose all-searching sight
The darkness shineth as the light!
Search, prove my heart; it pants for Thee;
Oh, burst these bonds, and set it free!
G. TERSTEEGEN.

Hedonism
Hedonism is a school of thought that argues that pleasure and happiness are the primary or most important intrinsic goods and the aim of human life.

Nothing describes our young people better than hedonism. In fact, I should say not only young people, but people of all ages. This seems to be the new thing. It's not even about being "positive" anymore, but all about me and my feelings kind of era. 


Since I belong to the generation of Godly women who have a heart for other women, it's only nature that so should I. Women want to help other women, it's only natural. The problem lies that we as women don't truly trust other women. That's real honesty here. We can claim otherwise, but our antennas are always on the alert. I find this is mostly true with young men and less true with women over fifty. The things that bothered us in our twenties, no longer hold true in our fifties. 

Recently, a group of us were at a coffee shop enjoying each other's company. As usual, someone always brings up what is going on in the news feed of social media. Concern, exclamations of anger or anxiety and even worry, surrounded our small table. Except me. 

I'm not worried about what is going on in the world. I am full of compassion for the people involved, but I am not anxious. To me, this is all biblical and I know how the story ends. It all has been written and the events surrounding us now every single day are fulfilling that prophecy. Whenever I repeat this to the table of women or others, they look back at me with blank faces. I'm not exactly sure if they think I'm crazy or if they believe it to be true. 

Our world is fast changing into more self absorption and self motivation. Everyone is out looking for themselves. What do they call this generation? Oh, yes the #metoo generation. How am I doing? How am I feeling? Am I happy? Am I with my soul mate? We can become so self absorbed that we can forget about the people we're suppose to love and shower with our attention. I'm almost afraid to see what the next generation will be.

Have a blessed day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...