Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Bring On The Christmas Cheer

Merry Christmas everyone ! Our Lord and Savior has come !

This year I have not sent out any Christmas  cards or put up any lights opting for a more quiet , humbling Holiday . Emily and I are spending the day in our pajammies , watching some movies and enjoying our traditional salmon supper . The following poem was sent to me from one of my mentors . Take a moment to read about the real reason for Christmas . 

Twas the night before Jesus came and all through
the house
not a creature was praying not one in the house . 
Their Bibles were lain on the shelf without care
in hopes that Jesus would not come there .

The children were dressing to crawl into bed ,
not once ever kneeling or bowing a head .
And Mom in her rocker with baby on her lap 
was watching the Late Show while I took a nap . +

When out of the East there arose such a clatter ,
I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter .
Away to the window I flew like a flash
tore open the shutters and threw up the sash !

When what to my wondering eyes should appear
but angels proclaiming that Jesus was here .
With a light  like the sun sending forth a bright  ray ,
I knew in a moment this must be THE DAY !

The light of His face made me cover my head ,
it was Jesus returning just like He said .
And though I possessed worldly wisdom and wealth ,
I cried when I saw Him in spite of myself .

In the Book of Life which He held in His hand , 
was written the name of every saved man .
He spoke not a word as He searched  for my name :
When He said , "It's not here ," my head hung in shame .

The people whose names had been written with love
He gathered to take to His Father above .
With those who were ready He rose without a sound
while all the rest were left standing around .

I fell to my knees , but it was too late:
I had waited too long and thus sealed my fate .
I stood and I cried as they rose  out of sight  ;
Oh , if only I had been ready tonight .

In the words of this poem the meaning is clear ;
The coming of Jesus is drawing near .
There's only one life and when comes the last call ,
We'll find that the Bible was true after all !

Have a Blessed Christmas everyone .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Being Still

                                Everyday is a brand new day, everyday is a journey.   When thou hast thanked thy God For every blessing sent...